I watched Pretty Woman again last night on TV for millionth time. And amazingly, even if I knew how it was going to end, I still finish the movie. I’ve dug up some trivia about the movie that I think you will enjoy reading:
Richard Gere is actually playing the piano. He also composed the piece of music that is played.
The sports car that Richard Gere borrows at the beginning of the movie is a Lotus Esprit.
An early version of the script had Vivian addicted to cocaine; part of the deal was that she had to stay off it for a week. She needed the money to go to Disneyland. Edward eventually throws her out of his car and drives off. The movie was scripted to end with Vivian and her prostitute friend on the bus to Disneyland.
Director Cameo: [Garry Marshall] the voice over of the man digging through the trash outside of “Stallone’s” house (dubbed due to poor sound quality).
When Stuckey slams the door to his car they actually had to replace it, because the window broke.
The red coat that Vivian wears was bought for $30 from a movie usher in the street shortly before filming.
In the final scene, Edward “serenades” Vivian with a recording of an aria from La Traviata. The aria has a vocal solo followed by the theme on strings and trumpet. That arrangement was not from the original opera but adapted for the movie.
Ralph Bellamy‘s final movie.
The car that Edward picks up Vivian in belonged to producer Nancy Gross.
The film’s working title was “$3,000”.
Christopher Reeve was originally considered for the Edward Lewis role.
Al Pacino also turned down the role of Edward Lewis.
Valeria Golino was originally offered the role of Vivian but turned it down. She was the finalist along with Julia Roberts
Molly Ringwald was originally offered the role of Vivian but turned it down.
In the shots of the city in the very beginning, you will notice that some of the neon letters in the hotel where Vivian lives are burned out. The only remaining lighted letters spell “HO”.
The necklace that Vivian wears to the opera really cost $250,000. While filming, a security man from the jewelry store equipped with a gun was constantly standing behind the director.
Daryl Hannah turned down the part of Vivian as she felt it denigrated women.
Voted #4 Must See Movie of all time by listeners of Capital FM in London.
While shooting the scene where Vivianne (Julia Roberts) is laying down on the floor of Edward’s penthouse, watching old “I Love Lucy” (1951) re-runs, in order to achieve a genuine laughter, Director Garry Marshall had to tickle Roberts’s feet (out of camera range) to get her to laugh so hysterically.
When Edward is reading to Vivian in the park, he’s reading Shakespeare’s Sonnet 29 to her. This sonnet is better known by its first line, “When in disgrace with fortune and men’s eyes.”
During the scene where Julia Roberts sings along to Prince in the bath tub sliding down and dunking her head under the bubbles, Julia came up and opened her eyes and saw that everyone had left even the cameraman (who got the shot).
During the lovemaking scene Julia Roberts got so nervous a visible vein popped out of her forehead. Director Garry Marshall got into bed with Julia and Richard Gere. Marshall and Gere massaged her forehead until the vein disappeared. Julia also broke into hives and was given calamine lotion until they were finally able to shoot the scene.
I saw the movie Music and Lyrics starring Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore on DVD for the second time last night, I had a choice of watching Wowowee or this. I chose the DVD. I can only take so much Wowowee in one lifetime. And suffice to say, I liked the song.
Way Back Into Love – Hugh Grant
I’ve been living with a shadow overhead,
I’ve been sleeping with a cloud above my bed,
I’ve been lonely for so long,
Trapped in the past,
I just can’t seem to move on!
I’ve been hiding all my hopes and dreams away,
Just in case I ever need them again someday,
I’ve been setting aside time,
To clear a little space in the corners of my mind!
All I want to do is find a way back into love.
I can’t make it true without a way back into love.
I’ve been watching but the stars refuse to shine,
I’ve been searching but i just don’t see the signs,
I know that it’s out there,
There’s got to be something for my soul somewhere!
I’ve been looking for someone to shed some light,
Not somebody just to get me through the night,
I could use some direction,
And I’m open to your suggestions.
All I want to do is find a way back into love.
I can’t make it through without a way back into love.
And if I open my heart again,
I guess I’m hoping you’ll be there for me in the end!
Oooooooh, Ooooooh, Ooooooh.
There are moments when I don’t know if it’s real
Or if anybody feels the way I feel
I need inspiration
Not just another negotiation
All I want to do is find a way back into love,
I can’t make it through without a way back into love,
And if I open my heart to you,
I’m hoping you’ll show me what to do,
And if you help me to start again,
You know that I’ll be there for you in the end!
Oooooooh. Oooooooh. Ooooooooh. Oooooooh. Ooooooh
You might have seen and laughed at these already, but they’re worth a second laugh.
1. Black Hawk Down – Ibong Maitim sa Ibaba
2. Dead Man’s Chest – Suso ng Patay
3. I Know What You Did Last Summer – Uuuyy… Aminin!
4. Love, Actually – Sa Totoo Lang, Pag-Ibig
5. Million Dollar Baby – 50 Million Pisong Sanggol (It depends on the exchange rate of the country)
6. The Blair Witch Project – Ang proyekto ng Bruhang si Blair
7. Mary Poppins – Si Mariang May Putok
8. Snakes on a Plane – Nag-ahasan sa Ere
9. The Postman Always Rings Twice – Ang Kartero kapag dumutdot laging dalawang beses
10. Sum of all Fears – Takot mo, Takot ko, takot nating lahat
11. Swordfish – Talakitok
12. Pretty woman – Ganda ng Lola mo
13. Robin Hood, Men in Tights – Si Robin Hood at ang mga Felix Bakat
14. 4 Weddings and a Funeral – Kahit 4 na beses ka pang Magpakasal, Mamamatay ka rin
15. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly – Ako, Ikaw, Kayong lahat
16. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s stone – Adik si harry, tumira ng shabu
17. Click – Isang Pindot Ka Lang
18. Brokeback Mountain – Bumigay Sa Bundok
19. The Day of the Death – Ayaw Tumayo
20. Waterworld – Basang-Basa
21. There’s Something About Mary – May Kwan Sa Ano Ni Maria
22. Employee of the Month – Ang Sipsip
23. Resident Evil – Ang Biyenan
24. Kill Bill – Kilitiin Sa Bilbil
25. The Grudge – Lintik Lang Ang Walang Ganti
26. Nightmare Before Christmas – Binangungot Sa Noche Buena
27. Annie Hall – Ang Butas Ni Annie
28. Never Been Kissed – Pangit Kasi
29. Gone in 60 Seconds – 1 Round, Tulog
30. The Fast and the Furious – Ang Bitin, Galit
31. Too Fast, Too Furious – Kapag Sobrang Bitin, Sobrang Galit
32. Dude, Where’s My Car – Dong, Anong Level Ulit Tayo Nag-Park?
33. Beauty And The Beast – Ang Asawa Ko at Ang Nanay Nya
34. The Lord Of The Rings – Ang Alahero
EXT. COUNTRY ROAD/ALABAMA – MORNING (1954)
Mrs. Gump and Forrest wait for the school bus. The bus pulls
up as Mrs. Gump prepares Forrest for his first day of school.
You do your very best now, Forrest.
I sure will, Momma.
I remember the bus ride on the first
day of school very well.
The bus driver opens the door and looks down. Forrest walks
to the steps of the bus and looks at the bus driver. She is
smoking a cigarette.
Are you comin’ along?
Momma said not to be taking rides
This is the bus to school.
I’m Forrest Gump.
I’m Dorothy Harris.
Well, now we ain’t strangers anymore.
The bus driver smiles as Forrest steps up into the bus.